NIGHTCLUB FRAUD EXPOSED WHILE UNDERCOVER
In late 2015, Texas Investigative Network was engaged by a Texas law firm to conduct an undercover surveillance investigation into a nightclub involved in a civil lawsuit over a breach of contract dispute. TIN’s case objectives in the matter were the following:
- Determine the monetary charges at the door for those customers entering the nightclub and determine the number of attendees (approximately) who pass through the entrance each evening that surveillance is conducted.
- Determine the number of operable bars and/or serving stations within the nightclub on each evening that surveillance is conducted.
- Determine the quantity of customers served at each bars/serving stations (and all combined bars/serving stations) each evening that surveillance is conducted.
- Determine the typical method of payment for customer drinks (to bartenders and/or waiters/waitresses)
- Determine specifically how charges/monies are typically processed by the nightclub personnel once a transaction had been completed
- Approximate the total number of customers within the nightclub on each evening that surveillance is conducted.
After conducting surveillance on two separate evenings at the nightclub, TIN undercover Operatives observed that on both evenings the parking lot was completely full of vehicles and that the nightclub was crowded. TIN Operatives observed and covertly filmed over three hours of covert video of constant transactions of the selling of alcohol at nightclub the all of the bars within the club. Many transactions were in cash and the nightclub showed no evidence of being “slow”, having a lack of customers or struggling financially as a business. Upon conclusion of this undercover assignment, all video and TIN report work product were promptly prepared and reported to our law firm client for resolution of the pending litigation in this matter.